According to the report, Laireano-Alejandro’s vehicle slid on ice before it rolled. The Washington State Patrol suspect that excessive speed contributed to the car accident.
Tips for driving in icy conditions
As winter is approaching, here are some tips for motorists in icy conditions:
- Keep your windshield fluid reservoir full and use your defroster and wipers for good visibility
- Everyone in the vehicle should wear seat belts
- Make all driving maneuvers including braking, changing lanes, turning and changing speeds slowly
- Warn other drivers using your signals and speed whenever you are stopping, turning or changing lanes
- Keep a proper following distance, allowing for the icy conditions
- Pump the brakes gently if you don’t have antilock brakes.
- Keep your speed down.
This information is provided by Seattle Car Accident Lawyer blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and the families of those killed.