The U.S. Department of Transportation released data from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) for 2008 which provides the latest motor vehicle accident statistics.
2008 statistics showed that 37,261 people died due to motor vehicle accidents across the United States.
In Washington state, the total number of motor vehicle fatalities was 521. Of the 521 deaths:
- 243 deaths or 47% of the total were car occupants
- 107 or 21% of the total were pickup truck and SUV occupants
- 9 or 2% were occupants of large trucks
- 78 or 15% were motorcyclists
- 63 or 12% were pedestrians.
This information is provided by Seattle Car Accident Lawyer blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents and the families of those killed. With our help, you may recover compensation for your damages.