In January through March of 2008, there were 108 people killed in car accidents in Washington State. During the same three months of this year, there were only 91. This is a 17% reduction in the number of people killed.
Authorities believe the following factors have lowered the car accident death rate:
- Road design w/ safety in mind
- Rapid response of emergency medical services
- Safety devices installed on later model cars including air bags and anti-lock brakes
- Higher rate of seat belt compliance
- Greater public awareness of the effects of drunken driving
The major causes of car accident deaths include:
- Aggressive driving
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
This information is provided by Seattle Car Accident Lawyer blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in car accidents and the families of those killed. With our help, you may recover compensation for you injuries including loss of wages, medical bills and pain and suffering.
Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or e-mail email@example.com. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you