The accident occurred on 273th Place near Enumclaw. No details about the accident victim were provided.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration reports that nearly 10,000 people are injured or killed in accidents involving jacks or hoists. These accidents happen when people are working on their cars or trucks either doing repairs or changing tires.
Jack Safety Tips
- Use jacks that are rated for the car or truck that is being lifted.
- Follow the manual that came with the jack about its use and correct positioning.
- Make sure your car or truck is off the roadway and in a place where no one will hit it.
- Insure that there is sufficient light for you to work.
- Make your vehicle visible to other motorists by using flares if it is positioned alongside the road or highway.
- Only jack up a vehicle on a level road. Do not jack up vehicles where there is snow, ice, mud or standing water.
This information is provided by Seattle Car Accident Lawyer blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents and the family of those killed. With our help, you may recover compensation for your damages.