The 2010 and 2011 Ford Focus provides a safety feature for teenage drivers. A standard safety feature on all new models is the “MyKey Safety System” which provides a specialized car key for teen drivers which allows parents to set safety features for their teen drivers including:
- limiting the top speed of vehicle
- enabling alerts which provides a tone when the vehicle hits 45, 55 and 65 mph.
- enabling traction control
- muting the car radio until everyone in the vehicle buckles up
- controlling the radio volume
Ford also provides the MyKey system in Taurus and F-150 models and it plans to make it standard on other vehicles including the Fiesta in the future.
Ford also believes that the MyKey system will be a desired feature for fleet vehicles.
This information is provided by Seattle Car Accident Lawyer blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents and the family of those killed. With our help, you may recover compensation for your damages.