The report quoted witnesses saying the woman crossed the street against the light. It also said the woman was struck by a mirror on the bus.
Every year, more than 4,000 people are killed in pedestrian accidents. Pedestrian often taken chances and make poor choices which can lead to fatal results. Common mistakes pedestrians make include:
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Crossing in the middle of a block instead of at an intersection
- Walking along a roadway in the wrong direction
- Failing to wear light colored clothes and reflective materials late at night.
Common mistakes drivers make include:
- Failing to yield for a pedestrian at an intersection when going straight
- Failing to yield for a pedestrian when turning
- Backing up
- Driver distraction — not paying attention — including cell phone or texting while driving
- Driver impatience — jumping a light or running a red light
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident due to the negligence of another, you should contact The Farber law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in pedestrian accidents and the family of those who have died.
Bellevue woman critically injured in pedestrian accident
Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or email@example.com to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.