According to the media release, Lee was outside of his Chevy S-10 pickup truck when he was struck by Jerry L. Smith, 56, of Olympia.
The motor vehicle accident occurred on Interstate 5 at “L” street in Tacoma.
The WSP makes the following recommendations for safe travels when there are snowy and icy conditions on the roadway:
Preparing your vehicle
- Make sure your tires have sufficient tread and are rated for snow and ice.
- Have a winter emergency kits in your car that contains extra water, food, warm clothes, cat litter, shovel, ice scraper and jumper cables.
- Avoid driving if you can.
Winter driving tips
- Follow vehicles at a safe distance.
- If you are involved in a car accident, get your car off of the roadway as quickly as possible.
- Chain up in safe areas like parking lots where you are not in danger of being hit.
- Check the highway conditions at the Washington Department of Transportation: www.dot.wa.gov .
This information is provided by Washington Injury Attorney blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in Washington motor vehicle accidents and the family of those killed. With your help, you may recover compensation for your damages.
Person injured I-5 hit-and-run car accident in Northgate
Contact The Farber Law Group at 1-800-244-9087 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free and confidential case evaluation. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue to assist you.