The Washington State Patrol (WSP) announced the results of their King County “emphasis patrols” over the Memorial Day weekend. We reported last week that the WSP was to add 25 troopers to the King County highways over the Memorial weekend. The good news is that there were not car accident fatalities and no serious car accidents over the three day weekend.
The results of the emphasis patrols, which targeted drunk drivers and speed violators, was successful reports the WSP. Results showed that:
- No car accident fatalities over the weekend
- No serious injury accidents
- 66 driving under the influence drivers were arrested
- 78 car accidents resulted in 19 injuries
In addition to the King County emphasis patrols, on Saturday morning between 6:30 and 10:00 am, troopers conducted an emphasis patrol on southbound Interstate 5 in Federal Way. During this emphasis the patrol:
- stopped 107 cars for speeding
- made 2 driving under the influence arrests
- recovered 1 stolen vehicle
This information is provided by Seattle Car Accident Lawyer blog, a service of The Farber Law Group. We represent people who have been seriously injured in car accidents, including those caused by drunken drivers.